Day 8 - The Wind

How can we see the wind?

Since the wind is the movement of air, we cannot actually see it, 
because it's simply moving air,
but we can definitely feel it on our skin or in our hair
and we can see movement happening because of the wind.
I'm thinking of ripples on the water
or choppy seas
or in the movements of leaves
without forgetting all windmills large and small!

Early this morning, the lighting on my balcony was gorgeous.
The dappled greens of the tree at one end
created beautiful bokeh
as I took this photo of my colourful windmill.
I love having windmills in my garden and have one at each end of my balcony.

I am also going to show you how I created yesterday's abstract!


It was simply one of my lovely windmills blowing madly in yesterday's strong winds!
I took several shots to capture the colours in different positions,
cropped them a little to exclude most of the leaves
and then created a fun collage

Wishing you a wonderful and colourful Sunday!
See you tomorrow when you pop by!




12 comments

  1. I like considering the wind that we see only through the movement of dust and dancing trees, your lovely windmill, the surface of water and dance of clouds.
    Your photos are lovely Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Tammie. The wind is rather a magical thing, isn't it? When we hear and see it in the trees, I sometimes imagine that it's tree spirits sending us messages!

      Delete
  2. True: One cannot "see" the wind unless it moves things around... and one can hear the wind. I know no-one likes to think of it yet, but: When I'm snug and cozy inside our house during wintertime and the wind is howling outside... I always like this sound, it makes me feel safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the sound of the wind when I'm snug inside too!

      Delete
  3. Aha! So that's what it was--a windmill! You're so imaginative, Sandra. I love windmills too. I have one in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Aren't windmills the greatest fun? I love to see them twirling and I have one at each end of my balcony garden!

      Delete
  4. So true. We cannot see the wind, only what it moves.

    I love that bright whirrly thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get some beautiful bokeh! We call your little windmills, pinwheels. Thanks for showing your technique for capturing yesterday's image. I would never have guessed it was a windmill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. So you call windmills pinwheels! I can see why! It was watching the windmill turn round so fast which made it seem perfect for an abstrac!

      Delete
  6. We love windmills too. And your is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that windmills remind us of our childhood! I remember running with mine and holding it in the air to make it turn!

      Delete