Day 13 - "IF"



IF

If I had a garden,
it would have lavender growing all along the path right up to the front door
and roses growing over an archway.


If I lived in a house,
the front door mat would have the word 'WELCOME'
written on it.
There would be a different wreath for every season on the front door.

If I had a big kitchen,
I would invite everyone for breakfast or tea
with a gingham tablecloth on the big wooden table
with tantalizing smells coming from the oven or the stove!

BUT

where I live now, I have a balcony and flowers and always a cloth on my table
and a wreath on my front door.
I have organic coffee or herb teas for any visitor coming this way
and I don't have backache
from bending down gardening!
I'm still on the lookout for a front-door mat which has
WELCOME
written on it,

Life is as it is
Life can be good in all circumstances
We just need to recognize them!




6 comments

  1. Yep . . . totally agreed. Gotta make the most of what we HAVE. Good to dream though.

    Happy Saturday . . . I'm having a nice cup of filter coffee and a croissant as I type . . . care to join me?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming right over, Sarn! Thanks for inviting me!

      Delete
  2. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, which is to say, we always envy that what we don't have or more precisely, what the other person owns or has achieved, and this way we will never find happines...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I am very happy with my lot, Marjan. I can admire privately owned gardens and feel total contentment with my balcony flowers without all the work involved! Happiness is indeed a state of mind and not about what we have or don't have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "IF" garden sounds very lovely, but your REAL balcony garden is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very happy with all the pleasure my own balcony gives me!

      Delete