The Treasures in my Neighbourhood

This early morning scene takes my breath away!

Continuing my slow and mindful walks in my neighbourhood,
I was thrilled to see this beautiful clear sky on Saturday.
The crescent moon was just lovely
and the branches seemed to want to retain it a little longer.
It was around 7.30 am and the horizon behind the mountains,
was taking on a pink hue.
I had decided to walk downtown and have breakfast out, always such a treat,
before doing my marketing!

An afternoon stroll up the hill towards some fields,
made me notice these curly seedpods.
The trapped red-brown leaf, caught in their tendrils,
matched the colour of the pods.

Just a little further up the steep hill, I noticed the delicate details of this mossy branch.

This morning, the sky was a little hazy and had taken on an orange pink colour.
The street lights were still lit up.
Although I live in the upper part of town, I can still enjoy the beauty of nature.
I stood in the middle of the road to eliminate all buildings!

When we really look for it, there can be so much beauty wherever we live,
even in a town environment.
It all depends which way we look.
My goal this year is to seek out all the loveliness I can find
and as close to home as possible! 

19 comments

  1. Bellissime foto, grazie!
    Buona giornata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely shots. I adore the first one - very calming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fi. Yes, I love that first shot too. The sky was so pure on Saturday!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful, as always. I particularly like the mossy branch.
    Have a lovely week,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marjan! Yes, that moss is rather lovely!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes, we really don't have to look too far, do we?
    And you have so nicely shown that here.
    Have a wonderful week, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we think we need to be situated in areas of stunning beauty to capture stunning shots, but when we really look, and slow down, we see them all around us - wherever we are! Thank you, Lisa!

      Delete
  5. Seek and you shall find. And you found some great beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Yes, and all these treasures within minutes of my home!

      Delete
  6. Oh you are so blessed to have mountains on your near horizon!

    That first photo took my breath away too.

    I hope you enjoyed your breakfast out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Yes, there are mountains that can be seen from where I live, but often only glimpses because of the built-up area! However, I am really thankful to be able to see what I see when I'm out walking! I had a lovely breakfast out, thank you! Such an appreciated treat!

      Delete
  7. I've always been amazed at the beauty surrounding us everyday that we miss because we're not really looking! Looking for beauty nearby is a wonderful project for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. So nice to have you visit. Yes, a project of seeking out the lovely details in everyday situations and places!

      Delete
  8. Yes, we can find beauty if we look.
    Your photos are lovely to see. The top photos in it's delicate shades is softly striking. The seed pods full of whimsy that surely helps them to take flight. Wishing you lovely walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tammie! I do enjoy all the natural beauties I am able to find - even here in the town, there are hidden treasures to be found!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful post Sandra !! I have to catch up with my comments ... have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't help but laugh when I read your comment on my blog. I had written you a long comment on the post just a day before but it never showed up. One never knows rather it's going to work or not. I think we have some of the same ideas on blogging. I seem to get in a rut and leave for a while but I admire your persistence. I always enjoy coming over to see your beautiful photographs and reading your words of wisdom. I have recommitted to being more regular and now let's see if I will...haha Have a great day, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to have you visit here, Nancy! I am going through a very busy period and I'm finding it difficult to fit in a new blog entry! That's the way it goes sometimes. See you on your blog, if it will let me leave a comment!!

      Delete