My Blog Disappeared and Has Been Found

 

It's already the month of February 2024
and my blog disappeared for me last April 2023!
Don't ask me how or why, but here I am again.

This 2024 calendar was given to me by my son as it celebrates my special birthday
last year with a zero on the end.
He took me on an unforgettable holiday to France near a town called Annecy.
This was the view from my hotel room.
Wasn't I lucky!

It will impossible to catch up so many months from last year, but I will tell you about 
a very important decision I made!
I decided to adopt a little kitten!
Here she is at only 3 weeks old when I chose her from a litter of seven.

I named her Honey
She would be able to come and live with me when she was three months' old!

This is Honey when she came to live with me when she was three months old.
Her colouring is just coming in .
Her breed is British Shorthair and her colouring is called Golden Black-Shaded.

At three and a half months.
Her shading is more apparent and her eyes are changing from blue to a mixture of gold and green.

This is Honey now at ten months.
Her fur has thickened and is described as 'plush' and it's very soft and silky to the touch.
She's sitting on her adopted chair for which I crocheted a cover that matches her colouring and eyes!

You can tell, by the number of photos of my little cat in this blog entry,
that she has become a very important part of my life!
She has a sweet nature and loves to play.

At the beginning of February, my son and his wife came over from Canada
and they rented a chalet in the mountains, called Haute Nendaz.
My daughter and I went up to spend some time with them and enjoy the views and walk in the snow.
This photo was taken from their chalet at sunrise.

When the early morning sun illuminates the mountain tips.

So beautiful!

Here we are in the snow coming up the hill on a kind of moving escalator.
My son, his wife, me and my daughter with her arms outstretched!

Then it was Valentine's Day and out came my crochet hook to create hearts.
I even found heart-shaped candles.
I've had the two heart-shaped dishes for a while now.

These are double-sided and stuffed hearts and perfumed with Neroli to give to my walking group.
We get together every Friday to walk, sometimes in my neighbourhood,
sometimes higher up - or a little futher afield.
Neroli is an essential oil produced from the blossom of bitter oranges.
Its scent is sweet an honeyed, but definitely not sickly, thanks to green and spicy undertones.

A heart-shaped candle

Slightly bigger stuffed hearts, made for a family reunion.

A walk with family above the lake just before sunset.

On the same walk in the Lavaux area.

In my neighbourhood, the first signs of spring as the daffodils spear the autumn leaves
as they push through the earth!

About ten days' ago, the catkins were getting plumper and filling with pollen.
bobbing about against the lovely blue sky.

I took this photo this morning as I came off the bus from downtown marketing.
The catkins are getting very long now. 
They seem to be telling the holly bush, and red berries, in the background
that spring is definitely on the way.

I do hope that you are all well, those of you who still pop in to visit this photo journal.

Quote of the day:
"What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal
on what you bring to the New Year."

***


22 comments

  1. Lovely to see you back. I kept wondering what had happened to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming back in and for leaving a comment. May I ask who you are? It just says: 'Anonymous'!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. I also wondered where you are or what has happened. Missed you and your wonderful photos. Congrats to this cute little kitty.
    Have a happy day, hugs,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gabi! I'm glad you signed your name because now it just says 'Anonymous' instead of someone's name! Lovely to see you and thank you for your kind wishes! I finally managed to unblock my blog!

      Delete
  3. I thought the same, but I´m glad you have found your blog again ;) And wonderful photos and crochet works. The sights from the chalet were gorgeous. I love that photo from the family walk with the tree hanging over the lake....thats a masterpiece.
    Greetings Lasse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lasse, so lovely to have you come in and visit! I just couldn't unblock my blog for months... then suddenly it appeared again this morning (Monday 19th February). I'm so relieved and I missed it! Thank you very much for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back, have really missed your photos. Thought something had happened to you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of beautiful Switzerland again. Best wishes- Marion Humphreys in very flat Suffolk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marion, How lovely to get your message. Thank you. The only thing that happened to me was huge frustration at not being able to get into my own blog nor do a new entry! All seems fine again now!

      Delete
  6. So nice to see you again Sandra. Your photo's are lovely as always. Glad you're back. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maryfairy, So lovely to hear from you and ready your friendly comment! I seem to be back and I plan on doing regular blog journal entries! So do continue to say hello when you visit! Sandra x

      Delete
  7. What a nice surprise to see your post, Sandra! Looks like a busy year for you--especially with that adorable kitten. Oh, my--what a precious face. I sure miss having a cat in my home, but my husband's allergies won't allow for one. Your landscape photos are always breathtaking and I'm so happy to see you back again! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Carol. I got quite out of the blog habit since everything became blocked last year and I just took a big step back from social media! It was actually rather restful! I will be making new entries into my blog, but maybe less often - something like every three or four weeks as I'm inspired!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful catch up post Sandra. Honey is gorgeous and your views are amazing. I'm so pleased you managed to get back into your blog. Enjoy blogging again. I'm really enjoying reconnecting with my blog. Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to have you come in and visit, Jacquie! It's such a shame that so many lovely blogs I followed have been discontinued. So I'm always happy to see the ones that have survived. I am glad that you are inspired to reconnect to your blog again too!

      Delete
  9. Hello again. It was a long break for you but I'm glad. Anytime you get to do other things that aren't sitting in front of a computer is good.

    The kitten is so adorable. Honey is good name for her. She grows fast.

    That lavaux sunset is beautiful. Any photos you take is always worth looking.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to see you, Lissa! Yes, that was a very big blog break. I feel that a once a month posting might feel just about right!

      Honey is definitely growing, but is still very playful and adores being outside on my balcony.

      Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  10. Ciao Sandra, it’s very nice to read and can see your wonderful pictures again. I am very happy that you are ok.
    Have a nice afternoon,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Miriam, so lovely to see your name pop up! Yes, all is fine this end. Now that my blog is up and running again, I think that it would be nice to do a blog entry every month. I'm gathering photos and ideas for my March entry. It won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandra it is so lovely to read your blog again and your photos as always are stunning. I too celebrated a big birthday last Christmas, I turned 50. My son and I went to London to the theatre to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. We stayed in London over night, it was such a fun evening.

    Your holiday looks amazing and your new addition to your family is super adorable. What a pretty kitty. Well take care and keep writing.

    Catherine
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Catherine! How wonderful to go to London with your son and celebrate your special birthday! Such a huge treat to go to the theatre too!

      I'm going to England for six days at the end of April with both my grown-up children and we shall also be staying in London for part of the time and have booked seats to see The Lion King!

      Delete
  13. Hi Sandra - what a lovely surprise to see you are back Blogging again after it disappeared on you.

    Honey is the prettiest cat I’ve ever seen.

    All your photos are amazing but I particularly love the sunrise over the mountains. Great to see you have enjoyed some family time.
    I’ve seen The Lion King in London - you’re definitely in for a treat at the end of the month.

    Good to see you back again my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back again, Sarn! Thank you for our kind comments. Honey is an important part of my daily life now. She loves playing games too and makes me laugh a lot!

      I have seen the Lion King before with my son in London. This time I shall be with both my children and my daughter will see this wonderful musical for the first time with us!

      Delete