Scene & Story: November 2017

KEEPING IN TOUCH


Dear Friends,

How have you all been this year?

Have you embraced the unexpected?
Have you got out of your comfort zone at least once?
What have you understood about life?
What have you learnt?

Do you sometimes ask yourself where you're going? I do.
Am I going where I need to go or am I struggling against the natural flow because I wanted things to be different than they were? Life is not always smooth. Situations are not always ideal.

Each new day brings us life experiences from which we can learn. It is our choice to accept the things that come our way, or not. Sometimes, we're allowed to say "No" when things have gone too far in the wrong direction.

We're allowed to take a pause and look within to be able to make the right choices. We can recognize that they are not always the same choices as others. That's quite alright. We are allowed to be different.

So towards the end of November, I look back at my own year and ask myself these very questions. It's also the perfect time to get out my coloured cards and rubber stamps and my address book and prettiest postage stamps and write to family and friends. A lighted candle brings in the right sort of mood and sets the tone.

So wherever you are, whatever your life experience right now, just know that it's where you are meant to be. How do you know that? Well, because that's where you are!

May we find the courage to face the difficult moments and the generosity in our hearts to be there for others when they need a helping hand. 

Keeping in touch with others, but also with ourselves.

My very warmest winter wishes!

Sandra


*********************************************************************************

I'm linking up with  Scene & Story hosted by Sarah and Lee

20 comments

  1. Thank you! I needed these words today <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to keep in touch! I’m terrible about writing letters but love the idea of nice stationery and a candle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Keeping in touch through writing cards and letters feels so refreshing and heart-warming in these days of computers and mobile phones!

      Delete
  3. So very beautifully written - this speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely post from you Sandra. You're always heart-warming my friend.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarn, and for your really nice comment!!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful words today. I've spent a lot of time the last few days thinking of 2018. Normally I don't do that, I just hop right into the next year. But, 2017 has me realizing that I need more structure and purpose in my life. I need to work deeper at certain things instead of just bouncing back and forth! Warm winter wishes to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I tend to look at the year that is just finishing to see how things went and if I am content with the outcome! I never make New Year's resolutions, but I sometimes have a goal that I like to work towards!

      Delete
  6. As always, a lovely post from you, Sandra. This year has been so full of incident and so busy with myriad tasks that I haven't had a chance to pause and assess. I still can't quite believe it's December already. (Shouldn't it be August or thereabouts?)
    I hope your year seems pleasant in retrospect, and that the one to come will be truly so! Happy card-making. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. So you've had a very busy year and yes, December does seem to have arrived very quickly! Each year brings its joys and it's difficulties, that is what life is about! My grandson is coming over this Sunday for more card-making! I'm really looking forward to that!

      Delete
  7. 2017 hasn't been very productive for me but at least I sent out some cards and I enjoyed writing them even when I messed up the words. november or even december is a good time to write to people even if you're just sending a card.

    I hope you have a lovely december.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lissa! Thank you for your visit. I find that some years are more productive than others! My December will be a busy one, but not Christmas related, just busy with different things!

      Delete
  8. Truth be told: I'm always pretty last-minute with my letters and cards even though I always promise myself to do better this/next year. It's the 10th of December already and my cards will never get in time to the US for sure! ARGH!!
    But that's just the cards-side of the deal. I love and I have adopted the English tradition of writing a letter to my Eglish friends telling them what's been up this year. I love receiving their letters and even though we've not been able to see eachother, this exchange of information makes one fell close to one-another.
    Actually, today may be a good day to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit, Marjan. Yes, exchanging news at this time of the year makes us feel closer to family and faraway friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for your wisdom today. Yes, right here is where I am meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Michelle!

      Delete
  11. A wonderful and timely post, Sandra. It seems as if each year rushes past faster than the one before it. It seems to stretch so far ahead in January, but...wasn't that just yesterday? Thanks for the thoughts to ponder as we await the new year. Wishing you a warm and wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit, Lee and also for your wishes for the holiday season! I hope this period will be wonderful to you as well!

      Delete