Autumn Walks

With the cooler days,
the leaves have begun to change colour and have started to fall.
The geraniums are still blooming and will continue to do so until the first frosts.

This lovely area above the lake is called Mont Pèlerin
My son drove me up here recently on a very short visit to Switzerland.
It was still so warm that we had to peel off our jackets.

There was a lovely wooded area too with the sunshine illuminating the leaves.

Nearer home, both in my neighbourhood and down at the park,
the leaves seem to change in colour daily.
These are from a line of trees in the street in my neighbourhood.

My favourite time for walks is late afternoon when the lighting is so beautiful

When green and orange-browns mingle

Down to the Mont Repos Park to see the new plantations.
The flowerbed is looking beautiful and the chrysanthemums in the big pots
will look wonderful when the tiny buds open.
I walk down to the park regularly.

A closer look at the lovely leaves

The hydrangea are still blooming

I really like the leaf decorated paving stones near the little park café under the chestnut trees.

These are just two of the many. They are all different.

Rich purple Asters in lovely contrast to the other autumn colours

The first chrysanthemum buds are starting to open

It seems to be a good year for berries

Their shiny bright colour makes me linger as I admire them on my walk

Leaves bob up and down in a slight breeze against the colourful blur of the background

After some night rain, a leaf still holds a tiny lake of rainwater in the shade

Tiny St. John's Wort wild flowers still bloom

Here is a larger version which is often planted on slopes in gardens 

Here are my favourite leaves of the month so far. I have used them for this month's header.

A collage of some of my much loved scenes as I went on my autumn walks.

18 comments

  1. I enjoyed your images of autumn, Sandra! It is such a pretty time of year (although, we have very little color in our trees this year--the leaves are still green, but turning brown and falling off as we've had so little rain). Those photos from Mont Repos Park are especially lovely! I look forward to reading about your Luzern adventure! Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. We have had it very dry too and some leaves have also been falling without changing colour, but luckily others are looking really beautiful. I love going down to the park which is within easy walking distance. There are always lovely plantations and lots of big trees too!
      I have so many photos from Luzern that I will surely have to do two entries!

      Delete
  2. Be still my heart . . . what goreous photos :)
    Thank you for carrying your camera with you when you go on your outings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you enjoyed coming with me on my outings through these captures of the changing season! So nice to have you visit, Connie!

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful pictures! It's always a pleasure to join you on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Marie-Lucienne. Walking at this time of the year is particularly lovely as the temperatures have cooled and the lighting is so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely array of autumnal images. Those flower beds are stunning and I adore the leafy engraved paving stones.

    Lovely picture of time spent with your son too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! Autumn is such a beautiful time of the year! I knew you would love those leaf engraved paving stones! They are very much like your lovely leaf cards! I wish we lived closer so that we could craft together!!

      Delete
  5. All so very beautiful.
    A lovely celebration of Autumn!
    That walkway lined with beauty.... i would love walking there.
    The leaf imbued stepping tiles are lovely.
    Wishing you a continued beautiful season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. Yes, celebrating the colours and the marvellous light of Autumn!
      So lovely to have you visit!

      Delete
  6. These are lovely shots, it makes me want to go there and a take a walk. I like those leaf decor on the stones. Whenever go walk through a park, I would observe the fallen leaves and always find one looking as new as the ones you have here. Thanks for the view.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to have you visit, Lissa. It's a beautiful time of the year and so lovely to observe the changing of the seasons before winter sets in. The first leaves are starting to fall and the colours are just beautiful. Yes, I loved those patterns in the paving stones down at the park too!

      Delete
  7. You live in such a beautiful place. What lovely walks you have, I love to see all the beautiful photos you take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I live in the town, but like to get out and about a lot in my area for my walks. I can get into the country by public transport and the lovely park with tall trees and beautiful flowers beds is not far away!

      Delete
  8. Autumn in Switzerland is looking gorgeous!! I can't wait until we get a little more color here. The nights are cooler, so maybe the wait won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn seems to be moving forward so fast, Cathy. Many of the trees have lost most of their leaves. Being in the cooler weather is just lovely, isn't it?!

      Delete
  9. Autumn offers us such an array of beauty where ever we look! Love your photos of Mont Repos Park, would love to stroll through that park on day! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's really lovely to have this park here in town and within walking distance for me!

      Delete