The Month of Roses

Down by the lake in Ouchy, there's a really lovely rose garden
with mostly climbing roses.
I really liked these single blooms.

Lovely layers of petals in this one.

Such a beautiful rich orange colour and petals full of curves

Another rose from the same plant but with a touch more pink in the petals.
The colour changes as the flowers mature.

Pretty in yellow and perfumed too.

Cascading pink roses with a little visitor in the central flower.

A touch of apricot against the blue sky.

Very bright pink in a shady spot with filtered sunlight.

I do love this colour in a rose which is a lovely soft orange.

Yellow tinged with pink taken in my neighbourhood

The single roses have their charm like this delicate yellow one

and another in pink with a visiting insect.

One of my favourites so far because of all those marvellous petals.

One day, we took a short train trip to the lakeside town of Montreux
There were still some rhododendrons blooming.
One of the steamboats was passing and I know that I'll soon be tempted to take a little cruise.

I've put up a photo of this modern hanging art before, but I love framing part of the
landscape in the circle!

A swan couple were obviously intent on becoming a couple.

as they swam back and forth and around in circles in an aquatic dance.

A sailing boat with the well-known Dents-du-Midi mountain chain in the distance.

The steamboat and the mountains on the French side of the lake.

We had a delicious lunch on an outside terrace overlooking the lake.
The yellow parasols were most welcome on a hot day.

I've been adding rows to the Birthday Rainbow Blanket.
Last time I showed the nine central squares, 
this photo shows the second row and the start of the third row of smaller granny squares.

Now a few rounds of border in something called a 'block stitch'

Here it is almost finished with just a couple of rounds more to go.

I hope that you like roses as much as I do!
I've shown so many here as this blog is also for me to look back on
and remember all the wonderful things I see each month of the year.

Bee Happy!
With a joyful music clip to listen to.
Just click on the words below:

"Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now!"
written by Bobby McFerrin, American folk and jazz artist.

On this joyful note, I wish you a beautiful month of June.
It's getting pretty hot here - around 30C at the hottest time of the day.
The best time for walks is in the early mornings and after supper when the day has cooled off.

8 comments

  1. ooooh I can smell the roses. What wonderful pictures. Very interesting the one with the art. Your rainbow blanket looks beautiful. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed all the roses, Gabi! A few lake shots too as they have a nice cooling effect on hot days! I'm rather happy with the rainbow blanket as it reminds me of my birthday rainbow in May!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your rose pictures and lakeside views as well as your beautiful crochet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn. I hope you had time to listen to the joyful song too!

      Delete
  3. You can’t believe that before I didn’t like roses as I am crazy for them now!
    The pictures of the lake and the steamboat make me always do a big, big, moving leap back into the past.
    Brava Sandra with the blanket.
    Hopefully you are having a nice afternoon,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you love roses now and have been able to enjoy the ones I have seen so far this year! I'm so looking forward to my steamboat ride. The evening one is lovely because we catch the sunset. We seem to be going through a heatwave right now and I find that quite difficult. I shall soonn be crocheting in cottons instead of warm yarns!

      Delete
  4. What glorious rose photos, Sandra! They brought back such wonderful memories of my father who always maintained a lovely rose garden. I've tried to grow them here, but have had no luck at all--I think our soil has too much clay in it (and, of course, the deer don't help!). Oh, your lake trip looks so nice--doesn't food always taste better when eaten by water? And your blanket is growing more and more beautiful--looking forward to the final finish next time! Enjoy your weekend--and happy summer a few days early ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that all these roses made you think of your father, Carol. It's getting so hot here and I've been crocheting much less, though I'll probably be making more smaller items in cotton! Eating by the lake is especially enjoyable at this time of the year!

      Delete