Sunny Days and Storms

Wild roses growing in my neighbourhood and discovered on my early evening walk.

We've been having sunny and even hot days, but also storms
Everyone is taking advantage of the sunshine like this lady reading on the beach,
her bicycle parked nearby.

One Sunday morning, we had breakfast out on an outside terrace overlooking the lake.

We sat under white parasols which you can see here
and which are part of Ouchy Castle.

There's something special about being beside the water. 

A little rowing boat looking very serene in this calm scene of blues.

When the wind picks up, the sailing boats appear.

One of the big steamboats waits passenges to take a cruise.
I didn't go this time, but I will soon be tempted to take an evening cruise!

I love watching the dancing reflections on the side of the boat.

There was a swan sitting on her nest.

Rocks at the water's edge and the water making a lapping sound.

A framed poster giving the name of the town and the port of Ouchy

Another poster depicting Lausanne Cathedral above
and the lake below.

I'm sure you can guess what this is with the suspended 'pods'!

Yes!
It's the Big Wheel and we went on for a ride!

One of my crochet projects this month, was to make a garland of stars
to hang over the head of my bed.

I chose the colours to match my new bedspread!
I like these aqua, blue and green colours for the bedroom. 
they remind me of calming and refreshing watery scenes and make me feel peaceful.

Do you have favourite colours for your bedroom?

I'm going away for a few days tomorrow.
A little trip with my daughter.
I feel sure that I'll be sharing some photos of our time together.
The weather in June has been often sunny, sometimes too hot and humid
and sometimes stormy at the end of the day or at night.
I'm enjoying the cooler days now between 20 and 24C
but it could soon be heating up again.

See you soon.
Thank you for your kind comments and visits!

16 comments

  1. Have a wonderful trip with your daughter. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn. My daughter and I had a lovely mini-break and the weather was kind to us!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photo's as usual. Enjoy your few days away with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maryfairy. It was lovely to have a break away from daily routine!

      Delete
  3. Again very nice pictures. They give a holiday feeling. Like the colors of the bedspread.
    Have a great time with your daughter.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabi. I always feel as if I'm on holiday when I'm down by the lake. Glad you like the bedroom colours!

      Delete
  4. Ciao Sandra , I love the same colours too, maybe because I like water very much. Water is my favourite among the 4 natural elements. And you have been very good to find the right colours for your garland. Thank for the pictures and the way of life along the lake. Sweet memories that are good to my heart...
    Have a nice trip,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miriam for your visit and kind comments. I agree with you, water colours are beautiful and can change according the the lighting and the colour of the sky!
      We had a lovely little trip and I wil be sharing photos here soon!

      Delete
  5. All the beautiful blue water is so peaceful to look at. Lovely that you've found a swan's nest. I hear they can be quite aggressive when protecting their nests. I'm wishing you a delightful time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. Oh yes, one has to leave nesting swans in peace! My daughter and I had a lovely mini break together! Photos will be sorted soon and appear on my blog this month!

      Delete
  6. Your photographs are beautiful as always, Sandra, and really capture your idyllic surroundings. I love the crochet garland, the colors go perfectly with your quilt.

    Have a wonderful trip with your daughter!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It's so beautiful down by the lake when the weather is fine. I really enjoyed making the garland in colours to match my new bedspread! Our trip was lovely and the weather dry and mostly sunny!

      Delete
  7. Your new crochet hanging over your bed is so lovely, Sandra. I do love your new bedspread as blue is my favorite color. Right now, my bedroom has a yellow theme, but I'd love to change it to blue or blueish gray :)

    Looks like you have had some opportunities to get out and about as shown in your beautiful photos. I love seeing the water views with the mountains in the distance and what a sweet photo of the swan on its nest. I hope you have a lovely getaway with your daughter and I look forward to seeing your coming photos as always. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Glad you like the garland to match the new bedspread. The colour yellow can look very fresh and sunny too, but sometimes it's nice to ring a change!

      I had a lovely getaway with my daughter, thank you! We managed to visit a lot of different things in just a few days!

      Delete
  8. Lovely Sandra! June is a beautiful month in Switzerland. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit! I have a little trip that I'm going to put up today or tomorrow! We just caught the really lovely weather before the storms and rain!

      Delete