Every Day in Life is Beautiful

A gentle morning sky
taken from my balcony.

Soft petals and curves in pastel colours

which remind me of the colours of my temperature blanket so far.

Under a large oak tree, these bright and charming tiny cyclamen were growing.

There's such beauty in skies at any time of the day.
This was taken today as the tiny moon rose in the pastels of the sky.

With the 75th Anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp.
last Monday on January 27th,
I wanted to re-read the story of Alice Herz-Sommer.
She was a gifted concert pianist and Holocaust survivor.
She said that music kept her and her young son alive.

I have two books about this lady. 
The one above and another entitled: 'A Century of Wisdom'.
I can recommend them both.
Alice was an incredibly positive person her whole life.
She is truly inspirational.
Her quotations are really meaningful.
Here is one of them:
"Life is beautiful. You have to be thankful that we are living.
Wherever you look is beauty.
I know about the bad things, but I look for good things"
Alice Herz-Sommer

The colourful presence of tulips in our homes brings such joy.

I crocheted a reversible heart for my front door with daisies.
The month of February makes us think of hearts!
I like the plain red side, but the three colours is fun too.
That's the one that's on show today.
I may change it for the red side on February 14th.
Here is a link for the heart pattern

I went for a lovely brisk walk in my neighbourhood
and on my way back, around 6 pm,
I stopped to enjoy this beautiful sky.

When I got home,
the sky was deepening.

"Every day in life is beautiful ... every day."
Alice Herz-Sommer.

The beauty is there even when we fail to notice it.
When we look around us with awareness
we can see it or hear it in the songs of the birds at dawn and dusk.
Yesterday, on returning from my walk, I heard a blackbird sing for the first time this year.

Continuing the 2020 Flower Challenge with a new flower to crochet every week of the year.
Here is Flower number 3
A little daisy.
If you would like to join the challenge.

May you find something beautiful every day of your life.

14 comments

  1. Such a beautiful sky where you are; those soft pastel shades in the clouds. I've read many stories of people who were in those terrible prison camps and how they always stayed so positive. I can't begin to imagine the fear and hardship they must have endured. Your little crochet heart is lovely and your blanket looks perfect. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you, Jane. There have been some beautiful skies in the mornings and evenings. It's a real pleasure to be outside.
      Yes, one can only only admire the people who suffered great hardship, but never gave up hope.
      The winter months are perfect to do handiwork, so I'm keeping myself very busy!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love your pretty crochet daisy! AND all the other crochet you are sharing with us on this blog post. Lovely and positive.

    PS: Might your "anemones" actually be cyclamen?

    Lovely quotes . . .

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! Of course those sweet little flowers are cyclamen! It has been duly rectified. Thank you for the reminder!

      Delete
  3. Even on the dreariest of days we can find something beautiful! I'm sure your lovely crochet projects bring you joy each day. Loving the temperature blanket. I actually saw where the same thing can be done in cross stitch. It will make a wonderful record of your year. Looks like your having some lovely days! Those skies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've actually had very mixed days weather-wise, but there have been some very pretty sunrises and sunsets. I always have my pocket camera with me, just in case!
      It would be interesting to do a cross-stitch project to record the daily temperatures!

      Delete
  4. I always love a good sunset/sunrise photo, Sandra--yours are always wonderful. We have had a distinct lack of sunshine here so we've seen no pretty skies. I always enjoy seeing your crochet work--just beautiful and I like how you've featured it in your new header.

    The books sound like something I would be very interested in reading. Ever since my parents went to Europe when I was 13 and came back with literature on the concentration camps, I've been an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction books on the Holocaust and survivors. Such a wonderful and inspirational lady Alice was--I can't imagine being so positive after all she had gone through.

    Hope you have a lovely month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit here, Carol, and for leaving a kind comment.
      We have had very changeable weather and yesterday we had a snowstorm which was marvellous to see, but it didn't last for too long after the sun came out!
      Yes, the two books about Alice Herz-Sommer are really worth reading. We must always remember what happened. Soon there will be no more survivors to tell us how it was.

      Delete
  5. Beauty is everywhere, noticing and enjoying it is the best gift of life. I didn't know about Alice's story before. I take note of the titles of the books to try to find them here. Your blanket temperature is exquisite, the colors you have chosen are absolutely delicious. Beautiful hearts with daisies, also here the choice of colors is really beautiful. Thank you very much for your little daisy for the Challenge, I have already shared it on Pinterest. But above all, thank you very much for making us enjoy the beauty that you always notice. Have a wonderful week, dear Sandra! 💕🍃🌸🍃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am happy when I can share all I see around me with others! The books about Alice are excellent and heart-warming and positive.
      This is the best time of the year for crochet projects and my fingers are always busy!

      Delete
  6. So sorry I'm not about regularly anymore - too much on my plate - but it's great to pop by again. Your blog is so inspiring and really makes me feel better. I love the colour-scheme of your temperature blanket. One day (hahaha!) I'll make one too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marie-Lucienne. I get many visitors on my blog looking in, but the number of people who comment are not so regular these days. I'm glad you dropped by and took the time to say hello! It's always a pleasure to interact with others here! I've wanted to do a temperature blanket for a long time, but a project for a whole year had put me off! These small squares are no trouble though, so I will see if I manage it to the end - or if I decide to make four smaller projects, one for each season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra, your posts are always so enlighten . . . Life is a magnificent adventure and the world around us is nothing short of miraculous.
    Your lovely photos tell a beautiful story. Thank you.
    Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to see you, Connie! So glad you enjoyed visiting me here. Life is what we make it, whatever our circumstances. So then, let's colour it beautiful!

      Delete