30 Days of Perception: 1-10

Day 1 - Light
Noticing how the light also creates shadows and the beauty of it all.

Day 2 - Hear
The rustling of the leaves

I like to hear the reassuring homely sound of the tick-tock of my clock 
and when it chimes on the hour.

Day 3 - Smell
The sweet aroma of a candle to which I have added some Rose Geranium essential oil.

The wonderful smell of home-baking.

Day 4 - Touch
The petals of the Edelweiss flower are extremely soft to the touch,
as soft as velvet or cotton wool.
The tiny seed buds are firm, but when they open up, like the one on the right,
they are as soft and as fluffy as dandelion seeds.

Day 5 - Taste
The taste of a fine wine savoured slowly.

The taste of salt on my lips at the seaside.

Day 6 - Movement
A boat moving through the churning water as it moves forward
and the flying flag in the wind.

Water is a fine example of something that is often in movement
like these soft waves at sunset.

Day 7 - Intuition
Walking in my neighbourhood without a fixed destination,
just meandering intuitively where my legs carry me.
This single seedpod comes into my line of vision.

This single leaf wedged in a wooden fence which draws my attention to texture
and simplicity.

Day 8 - Emotions
It was raining and when it rains, I connect to nature very closely and with emotion.

Day 9 - Colour
For me, colour is one of the most important and well-loved element in photography.
I love to capture it. 
It makes me happy and fills me with positive energy.
In my home and in my life, colour is extremely important.
It plays a huge part in my well-being.

This pink Poinsettia plant 
Is a perfect happy colour for me!

Day 10 - Slow down
When I slow down, my breathing becomes calmer, I become aware. I visualize myself as a floating leaf in calm waters without wanting to be anything else at all.

***

I'm following an online course with Kim Manley Ort

Each day during the month of November, we get a new prompt.
I like these prompts which are so closely connected to our senses and make me
slow down and become more aware of all that is around me.

21 comments

  1. Hi Sandra, Your post is so relaxing and calm. I too love color and your photographs are filled with every hue of the rainbow. So glad to be visiting you again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! So nice to see you here again! Thanks for your visit! I must come over to you and see if you're posting again!

      Delete
  2. As always, reading your blog and admiring your pictures is soothing and peaceful. That's one of the reasons I love to pop in: the serenity, the quietness, the mindfulness. Visiting you is like taking a deep breath and feeling refreshed afterwards. Thank you, dear Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you find peace and serenity here, Marjan. So nice to have your visit here in this little space!

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying Kim's class with you. Your images are beautiful and fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. Yes, I'm enjoying the class prompts very much too. They make us more aware of everything, don't they?

      Delete
  4. What a relaxing post! Love the scented candle, your cookies and the glass of wine! So soothing Sandra! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Did you recognize your recent delicious oat, pecan and nut cookie recipe?!

      Delete
    2. YES! as a matter of fact, I was saying how those cookies looked so familiar!! SO happy you tried them! Thanks for sharing them!

      Delete
  5. A lovely strand of images and words.
    Lovely colors and textures.
    A sweet peak into your life and area.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. The images aren't always linked as they were to express a perception rather than a specific theme. Many of them were taken in my neighbourhood, like the leaves and a couple from my home!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra! I enjoyed seeing your first ten days of photographs. Your beautiful photos perfectly capture the prompts you were given. Fascinating to see the Edelweiss flower in close-up. I had no idea that's what they looked like!

    Hope you enjoy your weekend and that you and your camera can be outside to capture more lovely photos to share with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Glad you enjoyed the photos for the prompts. They'll be some more coming soon - with more slightly more challenging prompts!
      It's suddenly turned colder here, but that won't stop me getting out with my camera!

      Delete
  7. wonderful series of photos. thank you for sharing.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful journey you are taking us on! We are entering our gray days of winter where the skies can be clouded over for days and days. Your color- and light-filled photos are just what I needed to cheer me today. Thank you, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan! We are also getting our share of grey days, but the strong winds we've had have been clearing the clouds and revealing gorgeous blue skies and sunshine, though this second part of the month has felt very wintry! I seek out colour even more in the winter months!

      Delete